Enjoy a leisurely walk around the Old Town of Zagreb in a company of an art historian and learn how and under which influences the city image altered from the medieval times to the day.
Walk around the city in a company of your private guide and explore the diverse array of influences and styles that formed the present day Zagreb.
This tour will give you a general introduction to the main periods and styles of Zagreb architecture. Starting from the medieval times best represented in church architecture, Renaissance and Baroque palaces, historicist interventions to 20th century structures in the historical core of the city.
Besides topography and architectural elements you will meet important persons of Zagreb through public sculptures and learn about their authors. Your guide will also draw attention to some of the best museums in Zagreb as you pass by and give insight into ongoing exhibitions.
At the end of our walk, you will come away with a deeper understanding of Zagreb – its history, art and architecture.
Choose from 2-hour tour which covers the oldest parts of Zagreb – Kaptol & Gradec and 4-hour tour which includes Lower Town. The 2-hour tour is perfect if you are limited with time or are looking for a general introduction from a local expert before you start exploring on your own. The 4-hour tour is for those seeking for overall explorations of history of art and architecture in Zagreb.BOOK NOW
- Private walking tour with focus on history of art and architecture in Zagreb
- English-speaking guide with MA in Art History
- Discover awe-inspiring buildings and learn about Zagreb’s greatest architects
- Reach back through time as your guide helps you understand the ever-changing role of art in society
- Hear about the ongoing exhibitions in Zagreb
- 2-hour tour main sites: Zagreb Cathedral, Dolac Market, St. Mark Church, Klovicevi Dvori Gallery, Vojkovic Palace,St. Catharina Church, Lotrscak Tower, Strossmayer Promenade, Main Square
- 3-hour tour main sites: Zagreb Cathedral, Dolac Market, St. Mark Church, Klovicevi Dvori Gallery, Vojkovic Palace,St. Catharina Church, Lotrscak Tower, Strossmayer Promenade, Main Square, Zrinjevac Park, Croatian Academy of Arts and Sciences, Modern Gallery, Art Pavilion, King Tomislav Square, Esplanade Hotel, Croatian State Archives, Croatian National Theatre, Museum of Arts and Crafts
KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK
- This is a private tour for your group only with flexible starting time and meeting point (pick-up offered for hotels in the city center)
- Licensed English-speaking tourist guide with MA in Art History
PRICE: from 600,00 HRK (~ 80 €) per group
* The prices are fixed in Croatian Kuna. The exact price in euro/dollar or other currency is calculated on the day of booking according to the exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank
BOOK Private Zagreb Walking Tour with an Art Historian