Let us take you take you on a unique journey through history – from Neanderthal period through dark middle ages, lives of Croatian noble families, early 20th century villages, to the period of Yugoslavia and marshal Josip Broz Tito.
This private day tour from Zagreb will take you on a unique journey through history – from Neanderthal period through dark middle ages, lives of Croatian noble families, early 20th century villages, to the period of Yugoslavia and marshal Josip Broz Tito.BOOK NOW
- Private one day tour from Zagreb is ideal for anyone interested in history, tradition and children will absolutely love it
- Visit Krapina museum located on the largest excavation site of Neanderthal fossils in the world
- The famous Veliki Tabor castle will amaze you with a fairy tale experience complemented with beautiful architecture and interesting legends
- You will explore traditional housing and farm facilities from the late 19th and early 20th century in the biggest open-space ethnographic museum in Croatia.
- Finally you will get a glance into history of Yugoslavia in the birth house of marshal Josip Broz Tito, former president of Yugoslavia.
KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK
- This is a private tour therefore departure and itinerary can be adapted according to your wishes and needs
- During the entire trip you will be accompanied by your private English-speaking guide and our customer support will be at your disposal prior and during the trip
This is a private tour meaning you have your own private guide for the entire day and departure and itinerary can be adapted according to your wishes and needs.
Pick up in Zagreb
Time : 9:00 am
|We will pick you up in the morning hours at your accommodation in Zagreb and start a pleasant drive north towards Hrvatsko Zagorje region, a cultural region in northern Croatia.
Krapina Neanderthal Museum
Time : 10:15 am
|Our first stop will be Krapina Neanderthal museum - one of the most modern Croatian museums located on the largest excavation site of Neanderthal fossils in the world.Visit to Krapina Neanderthal museum will take you on a journey through evolution based on the latest scientific findings – from cosmic and chemical evolution, evolution of live to realistic representation of our ancestors. Specific and innovative way of presenting the topic makes this museum suitable for everyone – from kids, students and laypersons to scientists.*please note that museum is closed on Mondays - it is possible to visit the excavation site but the museum building is closed for visitors
Veliki Tabor Castle
Time : 11:45 am
|After a short drive from Krapina we will arrive to one of the most famous and best preserved Croatian castles - Veliki Tabor dating back to 15th century
Museum ”Staro selo” and Tito's birthhouse in Kumrovec
Time : 2:00 pm
|From Trakošćan we will drive through picturesque green landscapes and villages to reach Kumrovec - a birthplace of Josip Broz Tito (1892–1980), former president of Yugoslavia.The birth house of Tito features the Memorial Museum of Marshal Tito and next to the house is his bronze standing statue.The old part of village Kumrovec comprises the Ethnological Museum with restored village houses, displaying permanent exhibitions of artifacts related to the life and work of Zagorje peasants in the 19th and 20th century.After a sightseeing tour your guide can recommend you a restaurant serving traditional local food for lunch before your return back to Zagreb.
Drop-off in Zagreb
Time : 5:30 pm
|The tour will finish with drop-off at your accommodation in Zagreb.
- Private experienced English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee for Krapina Neanderthal Museum (please note that museum is closed on Mondays)
- Entrance fee for Veliki Tabor castle
- Entrance fee for House of Marshal Tito and Old Village Museum
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
PRICE PER PERSON:
2 persons – 1.090,00 HRK (~ 147 €)
3 persons – 850,00 HRK (~ 114 €)
4 persons – 670,00 HRK (~ 90 €)
5 persons – 670,00 HRK (~ 90 €)
6 persons – 575,00 HRK (~ 77 €)
7 persons – 525,00 HRK (~ 70 €)
8 persons – 485,00 HRK (~ 65 €)
9+ persons – on request
* The prices are fixed in Croatian Kuna. The exact price in euro/dollar or other currency is calculated on the day of booking according to the exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank
**All prices are per person
BOOK Time Travel Private Tour from Zagreb