Join us on one of the most popular day tours from Zagreb and visit the best preserved Croatian castle and explore the historical streets of a city often called “Little Vienna”.BOOK NOW
- Discover magical region north of Zagreb famous for small green hills surrounded by rivers, villages and castles of Croatian nobility
- Visit Trakošćan Castle to experience a true fairy tale atmosphere walking the castle halls and around the picturesque lake
- In the baroque city of Varaždin you will enjoy a bustling local life while admiring a well preserved historical architecture.
KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK
- This is a private tour therefore departure and itinerary can be adapted according to your wishes and needs
- During the entire trip you will be accompanied by your private English-speaking guide and our customer support will be at your disposal prior and during the trip
This is a private tour meaning you have your own private guide for the entire day and departure and itinerary can be adapted according to your wishes and needs.
Pickup in Zagreb
Time : 9:00 am
|We will start this private day trip with pickup at your accommodation in Zagreb.
Time : 12:15 pm
|After a pleasant drive through the lush green hills we will reach Trakošćan - the most famous and best preserved Croatian castle.Castle, which was first built in the late 13th or early 14th century as a small defensive fortress, today is a romanticist synergy of architecture and nature, a result of 19th century reconstruction. Castle was rebuilt in Neo – Gothic style and surrounding landscape including a lake emerged after the model of English park.You will see a valuable collection of paintings, furniture and weapons in the museum inside the castle and enjoy walking around the picturesque lake surrounding the castle.
City of Varaždin
Time : 2:15 pm
|Varazdin, often refered as „Little Vienna“, is a city in Northern Croatia famous for the intact Baroque architecture.You will have a free time to explore historical squares, churches and palaces, charming town hall and the most important cultural monument of the city - Gothic-Renaissance Old Town or Varazdin Castle with a museum.After sightseeing you can enjoy a coffee on the main square or your guide can recommend you a restaurant serving traditional Croatian food for lunch.
Drop-off at your accommodation in Zagreb
Time : 6:00 pm
|We will finish the day with drop-off at your accommodation in Zagreb.
- Private experienced English-speaking guide (other languages on request)
- Entrance fee for Trakoscan Castle
- Entrance fee for Varaždin City Museum in the Old Town fortress
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Other than specified
BOOK EARLY AND SAVE! We offer 20% discount for bookings made 7+ days in advance
PRICE PER PERSON:
2 persons – 1.075,00 HRK (~ 145 €)
3 persons – 785,00 HRK (~ 105 €)
4 persons – 710,00 HRK (~ 95 €)
5 persons – 650,00 HRK (~ 87 €)
6 persons – 565,00 HRK (~ 76 €)
7 persons – 500,00 HRK (~ 67 €)
8 persons – 450,00 HRK (~ 60 €)
9+ persons – on request
* The prices are fixed in Croatian Kuna. The exact price in euro/dollar or other currency is calculated on the day of booking according to the exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank
**All prices are per person